Wednesday, November 10, 2010

So Here It Begins




I have fought doing this .. and now here I am doing this... blogging. UGh ... don't get me wrong I love to read other people's blogs and see what they have been up to. I am just not so sure I have the passion to keep one going myself. Then I thought well, if it revolves around something I really enjoy.. like painting or playing Mahjong.... then perhaps I will keep it alive. So here it begins.
When I was back in Tn. visiting family.. I was going through photo album's of Betty's and found a wonderful picture she had taken while visiting Turkey a few years ago.
So I decided to paint it... I will post what I call a wip... or work in progress.
I started with a white canvas and stained it kind of a tan color... this allows me to see true colors and avoid glare. Then I sketch the outline of what I want to paint... sometimes I get very detailed in the sketch but for this one I just need a general idea of where things go.
I mix my colors for the palette and I am off and running. I get lost while painting .. my mind shuts off and I think only of the moment at hand and what I am striving to accomplish with the paint brush...



5 comments:

  1. A Journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step!
    Now you have made the first step and I feel in the right direction.
    The more familiar you get with the program the easier it will get.
    Good luck Shirley.
    Nice to have you on AIG.
    Best wishes,
    Madison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Madison... it is great to have the support and I appreciate it very much. I just might surprise myself and enjoy this whole blog thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once you get going it's not so bad. Welcome to Blogger, blog on my friend, blog on...

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I said in the first post on _my_ blog:
    "Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither was a blog."
    I'm so glad you've taken this step. The world needs a way to access your talents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HaHa,
    Ok. This is now the third time I have tried to leave a comment.

    Like I said before, I knew that your blog was going to be about painting even before I clicked on the link. But I have to say I'm still surprised you are doing it!

    The great thing about blogging is that you can look back and see where you've been and how you've spent your time. A tangible record of what you've done with your life. I feel sorry for people who died before the invention of the blog.

    Blog while the paint dries. :)
    L.

    ReplyDelete